Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Trip to Baltimore


Last week I was able to take a trip to meet our new niece, Lily. What an angel she is! She'll stare at you at just melt your heart. There's no doubt that she already has her Daddy wrapped around her finger. I also think she looks like him too. I am so glad I was able to go visit her along with my brother (Bobby) and sister-in-law (Kim). I got in lots of snuggle and play time with this sweet baby, and was able to just hang out with Bobby and Kim over the long weekend. While this trip's purpose was to spend time with Lily, Kim did take me out to Lululemon (my favorite athletic clothing store! Brian generously told me to treat myself to something for Christmas...and I did! (It's a good thing there is not a store near me because I would be in trouble!!)


On Saturday, I got a special gift of seeing the first snowfall of the season. And although I have been skiing and have seen snow on the ground, it was actually the first time this born Floridian had seen snow fall....I know its hard to believe! My brother and I even built a little snowman so I could show Madison, and of course we threw a couple of snowballs at each other! It was a lot of fun, and beautiful to watch!The trip went by too quickly as it always does. It was hard to leave knowing that I would not get to see Lily as much as I'd like to. Hopefully all the kids will be playing together real soon though! Who knows, maybe Brian and I will find jobs up there! Can Floridians get used to snow?

5 comments:

Daisha said...

Your first snow fall! How exciting.

Listen, if we can get used to not having it, you could get used to having it. :)

Lily does look like her daddy. She looks like a happy baby.

Glad you had a good trip.
-Daisha

Daisha said...

The Santa on the side of your "wallpaper" is kinda freaky lookin'. :)

Janay said...

So glad you had a good trip!

Hey, did you make Lily's Christmas dress??? It's precious!

Janay said...

Nevermind, I just saw your caption in the picasa album.
GREAT JOB!!! :)

Debra said...

Precious baby Lily!

And you silly kids with your snow man! Cute.