Thursday, February 7, 2008

Hudson is 5 months!

It has been a busy and fast month, so I can't even believe I am writing this entry already. This month our little man has been having fun with his newest abilities. I have already told you how much he seems to enjoy the little rice cereal he has been eating. Well, he also enjoys drinking a few sips from my water bottle. Water bottles catch his attention and get him really excited until he gets a sip. Since he is able to sit supported so well, he enjoys swinging outside and feeling the breeze on his face. His latest accomplishment is to be able to roll in both directions. He has been able to roll from belly to back for a while, but he finally figured out how to get his chubby body from back to belly. I have a video clip of him doing this below, but he has already improved even since I shot this clip.
All in all he is still his happy go lucky self. He now even tries to get us to laugh by repreatedly squealing, yelling or grunting at us. He likes when we mimic his sounds, and then when we look away, he does it again until we acknowledge and copy him. It's a new game he created that we all enjoy playing with him...especially Madison. Favorite toys are currently moving objects like trains, cars, and anything with lights and sounds and puppets.
I don't have any current height and weight stats since we have not been to the doctor, but by the way my back feels I am guessing he is in the 18-20 pound range. I have given up on him sleeping through the night just yet. This way I will be pleasantly surprised when I do finally get a good night's sleep again!!

( I couldn't get the video to upload, so I will try again tomorrow)

No comments: