Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My First Sewing Project

Last Christmas I received a sewing machine as a gift from my parents. (I'm sure they were beginning to think that I was never going to open it.) After many months of being intimidated by the machine sitting in the box, I decided that this week I would crack the seal. So I went to the fabric store, picked out some fabric and ribbon and decided that my first project would be a tag blanket for Hudson. He had received one for a baby gift...loved it...but then lost it. After I got him down for a nap, I opened the manual and quickly decided to call Daisha for some help. She kindly came over, gave me a quick tutorial and away I went. I was determined to complete the project in one day, and I actually did it!! I would say for my first attempt, I did great and am proud of myself. Do I think I can go into business...not quite...but hopefully Hudson will enjoy it and will serve its purpose. I told Madison that if this project went well, my next one would be a dress for her. Looks like I'll be taking her to pick out some fabric.
Here are some pictures of my first creation!!

1 comment:

Janay said...

YEA!!!!! Fantastic job!!! It looks great! Isn't it fun to be able to do something yourself? And the beauty is if Hudson looses it, you can make a new one just like it. I love your fabric and ribbon choices -- Perfect!

What does Hudson think?