Sunday, January 18, 2009

FSU Golden Girls Reunion

Many of you know that when I was in college I danced on the FSU dance team..."The Golden Girls". It was an amazing experience to have made this team my Freshman year, and provided me the opportunity to continue dancing, be involved with a unique aspect of Florida State, and build some lifelong friendships. After over 25 years of different Golden Girl Teams we gathered for the first reunion weekend to celebrate our traditions. About 22 Alumni came from across the country to gather for a fun weekend of reminiscing, dancing, dining and basketball. We actually performed at the FSU/Duke basketball game during half-time with the current dance team. Although we did not do an actual dance routine, we did performed the FSU Fight Song (a pom routine to one of the band songs). It was an easy routine to put together for our first reunion. Since it was a success, I hear that there is talk of us actually learning a dance or two for next year's reunion...we'll see! It was such a wonderful weekend. Being with my girls again, going to "practice", and performing on the court, took us all back to the good old days of college. It sure was fun!!



1 comment:

Janay said...

HOW FUN!! And what a beautiful group of women!
It looks like you had a great weekend, and what perfect seats for capturing video. I bet Madison was so proud.