Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Is He Smarter?

Brian has been extremely busy this past month writing and completing his dissertation. Because of this, he has been gone a lot and spending a lot of late nights at the office. When the kids ask where he has been, I continue to explain that Daddy is in school just like them and he is working on a very important paper, so that he can graduate and finally be done with school. So one night recently, this is the conversation that Madison and I had:
Madison: "Why is Daddy still in school?"
Me: "Because he is working hard to become a Dr."
Madison: "A doctor of P.E.?"
Me: "Yes, but not like Medical doctor. A doctor who knows a lot about P.E. and can help other people who want to become P.E. teachers, and to make P.E. better for kids like you."
Madison: "Well, are you still in school?"
Me: "No. I am done going to school."
Madison: "Well, why is Daddy going to school longer then you? He's smarter then you, huh?"
Me: "Yes, Daddy is really smart. We are both smart in different ways."
Madison: "Yeah, you're really smart at pilates and at being a Mommy."
Me: "Yup."
Later I told this story to one of my classes, and a client told me that I should have said that Daddy needed to go to school longer then me so he could catch up to how smart Mommy is!
Now why didn't I think of that?
Just Kidding!

No comments: