Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Big Sister Report

We had nine months of trying to prepare Madison for what it would be like to be a Big Sister, but now after a few weeks of actually having a little brother in the house we thought we'd hear her thoughts on this life changing event. In the days before Hudson's birth we asked her what she thought would be different once he arrived. She said, "I think I'll be bigger and maybe my hair will look different." Go figure!! She also talked a lot about being a big helper...and that she is!

Here's a list of Madison's likes and dislikes thus far, and some memorable things she has said as she gets to know the new member of her family.

Likes:
"I like holding Hudson, and rocking him, and kissing him, and snuggling him."
"I get to read him books because he's not big enough yet."
"I have to teach him lots of things because I'm his big sister."

Dislikes:
"I don't like his crying, or his POOPY PANTS...YUCK!"
"At first I was a little jealous, but after I got to hold him I wasn't, but sometimes I'm still jealous."

A memorable moment:
In the car one day, Madison stares at Hudson sitting beside her with a look of uncertainty and says, "Mommy, can he go back in your belly now?" I guess, a little jealousy is a healthy and normal thing!! Thankfully she eventually says, "He can stay out!"

All in all Madison is a sweet, gentle, and loving big sister. She is quick to check on him if he makes a noise. He's the first one she asks to see when she gets home from school, and the first thing she asks when she wakes up is, "Where's Hudson?" I think its safe to say that she loves her little brother and knows he's here to stay!


1 comment:

Daisha said...

Cute.

I hope Gideon is as good with Naomi as Madison is with Hudson.

-Daisha