Monday, October 1, 2007

Farewell to MomMom...Hello pacifier!

Handling two children is certainly easier when you have one adult per child, but I am managing. It's been two days since MomMom left and we've already broken out a pacifier for Hudson. After listening to him cry most of the way to and from Madison's school and then trying to play with Madison, soothe Hudson, and attempt to prepare dinner (boy I miss all those wonderful meals) all at the same time, I was ready to give it a try. I'm not sure I want him to have one all the time, although Brian and Madison both agree on the issue. I will say though, it was definitely nice to sit down to the dinner table tonight, while Hudson quietly drifted off to sleep in his bouncy seat with a pacifier. We'll see what tomorrow brings!

1 comment:

Daisha said...

I'm in the camp that says pacifiers aren't evil. And Gideon gave up his pacifier on his own around 6 mon. So... using one occasionally doesn't mean that Hudson will get overly attached.

And that peace and quiet is something worth celebrating. :)

-Daisha