Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Our Early Riser

Growing up I was never the morning person, so it figures that I would have a child who is. Madison is so eager to start the day, she would often awake at the crack of dawn. Through the years we have tried different tactics to delay her early awakening. Once she learned her numbers, we decided to place a clock in her room to help her learn when it would be OK to come out in the morning. The rule has been that if she sees a 7 at the beginning, it's OK to come wake us up, but if not, she needs to go back to sleep. This brilliant idea has worked great for months...until this week. For several days in a row we were amazed by the fact that she was waking up at exactly 7am. One early morning I was feeding Hudson around 6:30 and as I left his room, I heard an alarm going off in Madison's room. When I went in her room, she was awake. Apparently this clever girl discovered the alarm clock, and how to set it. Her alarm has been going off around 6:40, and she was staying awake and watching the clock until it said 7:00. I had to laugh when she confessed this to me!

Hopefully she's still this chipper in the mornings when she's a teenager!

2 comments:

Daisha said...

She sets the alarm for 6:40!!! That's funny. What a character...
D

Janay said...

Oh my! I laughed out loud and had to read this to Carlin. You should have seen his look of disbelief! And I though Annaliese was a smart cookie for checking to see if the street light has gone out before getting up. But setting an alarm clock... How did she figure that out?!?
~Janay~

PS -- love your first family photo! ;)