Saturday, December 1, 2007

I Think I Can, I Think I Can...

Tonight, for the first time, our family participated in Tallahassee's 3K Jingle Bell Run. Every participant gets bells for thier shoes, santa hats, shirts and glowing necklaces. A few of the families from Madison's school invited us to run together with them. We only have one jogging stroller for Hudson to ride in, so we were worried how Madison was going to do actually running in this race. We decided we would let the kids run and see how far they get. Boy, did Madison surprise us all. The competitive spirit and determination came out in her, and she ran and ran and ran....with a few short walking breaks. The crowd of runners were amused at her desire to finish this race, along with her cute comments. She kept yelling to her friend Sam(the boy in the picture) and us, "Keep running guys" and when we were going up a hill she would say"I think I can, I think I can." After we left her friends in the dust, she asked "Am I going to win the race?" As we crossed the finish line, Madison was very proud of herself as our crowd of friends cheered her on from the side lines. I think we will make this an annual event for our family, and I see a future running buddy for me!

No comments: