Friday, March 7, 2008

Happy 1/2 Year Birthday Hudson

I know I say this every month, but I can't believe Hudson is 6 months old today. As I was putting him to sleep tonight I rocked him a little longer then usual so I could stare at his cute face, think back over the past half year, and cherish the moment I was in. There's nothing quite like your baby asleep on your chest, with your cheek pressed up against their head and feeling their breath on your face! It's a good thing I can't fall asleep like that or I'd be tempted to let him sleep with me all night. As his legs scrunch up to fit in my lap, I thought about how grown up and independent Madison is, and I realize how quickly these days are passing for Hudson. As much as I'd love to keep him this age forever, its been truly amazing to watch him grow this year so far, and I know I will enjoy the next 6 months just as much. He's already accomplished a lot and changed dramatically from the day we brought him home. Each day we all fall more in love with the sweet, little person he is becoming.

This month's major accomplishments include learning to sit up my himself, and figuring out how to roll, wiggle, army crawl...or scoot to move around a room. He transfers objects between hands, and enjoys banging two things together to hear the noise it makes. Some favorite toys have been stacking cups. He gets so excited as we stack them up, then he eagerly moves close enough to knock them down. He loves the cups in the bathtub as well and enjoys having water dumped on him making a big splash. He likes books with pictures of animals and especially likes it when you make the animal noises for him. A favorite song is the ABC's. Whenever he starts to cry in the car, all we have to do is sing that song and he stops...its amazing....but if you stop, he usually cries again. So, there have been times where Madison and I have repeatedly sung that song the entire way home. You do what you have to do, ya know! He continues to be a good baby, and is actually sleeping a little better at night. He currently has one regular oatmeal dinner before bed, so maybe that is helping. He is still so sweet and so darn handsome. Another sweet thing he has learned is to give kisses. If you say, "Kisses" in a drawn out, high pitched sort of way and then make the kissing sound he will turn his face to you and come at you with a open mouth, drooly kiss. It's truly adorable, and even Madison doesn't mind the drool.
Below is a short slide show to recap the past 6 months. It was difficult for me to only pick a few pictures because I love them all. Tuesday we go to his 6 month check up, so I will let you know what he is currently weighing in at then.
Happy 1/2 Year Birthday Hudson!
XOXOXOXO




No comments: