Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

We had a wonderful day celebrating Easter. It started this morning with Madison waking everyone up to hunt the hidden Easter eggs. It took a while for us to realize that she was awake because she stayed in her room and called us, rather then just coming out like she normally does. When we asked her why she didn't come wake us up she said, "I didn't want to ruin my surprise!" How cute is she!! Angela spent the night with us, so she helped Hudson find some eggs while Madison found her own. One by one Madison opened them up to count all the money that was in each egg. Then they all opened their baskets and we enjoyed some delicious cinnamon rolls. (We only make these once or twice a year, so everyone was excited.) Angela said with a smile, "I thought we would be having pancakes, but these work!" Then we all got ready for church. After church we packed up a picnic and enjoyed an afternoon at the park. What a beautiful day it was. Below is a slide show of our day.
First, here is another quick Madison story....oh, how I love this child!!
As Madison was packing her purse for church, she filled it with a lot of change from her Easter eggs...about two hand fulls. I asked her what she was doing with it all and she said bringing it to church. I told her that she only needed to bring her usual quarter or two that she gives for the contribution, but she said, "No, Mommy, I want to give it all to God today because I love Him." Yet another example of how this little girl amazes me and challenges me! What a way to give back on such a special day. Shouldn't we all have a giving heart like this!
Happy Easter



1 comment:

Tiffany said...

So I'm a little late with my commenting, but what a precious story. Madison is such a wonderful little girl!